What are the first 5 things I should do after being in an auto accident?tue
- Go seek medical attention. The longer the wait, the more likely an insurance company will argue you could not have been very injured because you waited X days before you sought any medical attention.
- If the pain is not resolving or feels worse, call your doctor.
- Open a personal injury claim with your insurance company. You will likely have to fill out a Personal Injury Protection application. A lawyer can help make sure you fill out the application in a way that will not quickly cut off coverage.
- Take photos of the car/truck/bike damage as well as your injuries.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the at-fault insurance company!
Seeking legal counsel early is a great way to ensure your case is set up for the best possible future success.