About Thuemmel Uhle & Eder
The original firm, Thuemmel and Uhle was founded in 1987. Bill Uhle and Bob Thuemmel met at the University of Oregon School of law in 1974. The two formed a strong friendship in school and remained close after graduating. After ten years building great reputations as trial attorneys in their own practices, the two realized that they could be stronger together as law partners.
In 2004, Ben Eder was a third year law student at the University of Oregon. He clerked for the King County Prosecutor in Seattle but wanted to live in his hometown of Portland. Ben clerked as a prosecutor and tried to get into the courtroom as much as possible. After one trial, he asked his boss who were the best trial attorneys. Ben sought out the list of lawyers to learn from. Bill Uhle became a willing mentor. Ben spent hours watching trials, discussing trial strategy and learning from the best. In 2005, Ben started working for Thuemmel and Uhle.After years of success, Ben was named a partner in 2012 and equity partner is 2013 and managing partner in 2015.
In 2014, David Eder joined Thuemmel Uhle and Eder. After more than eight years as a City Attorney, David prosecuted hundreds of cases and represented the City on civil cases. Thuemmel Uhle and Eder knew that his trial skills could be an asset to the firm and David was brought into the firm as a partner. Within a year of David was obtaining millions in civil lawsuits through trial, arbitration and settlements. David is licensed in Oregon and Washington.
In 2018, Joel Sturm joined Thuemmel Uhle and Eder as an associate attorney and will be focusing on personal injury and property damage lawsuits. Joel’s background as trial advocacy lawyer for a major insurer differentiates his experience from other lawyers and sets him up to represent clients in a truly unique manner. He knows how insurance companies work from the inside.
Bill Uhle and Bob Thuemmel retired in 2017 but continue to consult on cases. Their reputations for integrity, courtroom brilliance and dedication to improving the practice of law remain core values of the firm. Ben, David and Joel carry the legacy that Bill and Bob built by representing clients like they are close personal friends and family.
In The News
- Law School Edition: Brothers in Law
- Soccer star Abby Wambach pleads guilty to DUII
- Logan Kitzhaber sentenced to 1 week in jail for DUII crash
- Man admits driving drunk in crash that killed math professor, gets 20 days jail
- Drunk, speeding Corvette driver gets 6 years for killing cyclist in bike lane
- ‘Little People Big World’ Star Found Not Guilty of DUI
“I have worked with both Ben and David Eder on a professional level for several years, so I know how well they look out for their clients. When I was injured in a car accident they were the first attorneys I called. Their customer service is excellent.”
- 2017 – Bill Uhle and Bob Thuemmel retire
- 2014 – David Eder joins the firm with his brother Ben
- 2012 – Ben Eder becomes a partner
- 2005 – Ben Eder joins the firm
- 2004 – Ben Eder begins mentoring with the firm
- 1987 – Bill Uhle and Bob Thuemmel form partnership
- 1974 – Founders Bill Uhle and Bob Thuemmel meet in law school